The Friends of Okanagan Rail Trail will work with the trail owner jurisdictions to determine priorities for fundraising for trail improvements. With the basic trail construction already funded, fundraising will focus on trail amenities, and beautification.
A good example of trailside enhancements is the interpretive sites funded by the Edna, Stella, and Harry Weatherill Foundation. Three sites were chosen for enhancement based on a number of factors, in particular their potential to connect trail users with the natural and cultural history of the route.
One site is being developed in each of the City of Kelowna, District of Lake Country, and North Okanagan Regional District.
Watch this website for opportunities to donate towards future trailside enhancements!
You can help the Friends of Okanagan Rail Trail get off the ground and on the trail by donating towards organizational seed funding.
Your donation will go towards:
- Training and materials to support the Trail Ambassador program
- Costs associated with society formation
- Communications materials to support trail improvement campaigns
- Support for planning and design of the next trail improvements
We do not yet have charitable status, so cannot provide tax receipts. If you do not require a tax receipt, and wish to make a donation, here are some options:
- E-transfer to [email protected]
- Use the below Paypal to DONATE NOW
Your support is appreciated!